3D Scanner Services
3D laser scanning uses either phase-based or LIDAR technology to accurately and efficiently capture 3-dimensional data in a wide variety of settings, regardless of size and surface features. Without physically touching what is being measured, 3D laser scanning creates clear and precise digital records of existing conditions. The scan produces millions of measurement points called “coordinates.” Together the points create the raw data in the form of a point clouds. The detail of these points means that a person can get an exact measurement from any one point to any other point in the point cloud.
Laser scanning is an ideal technology for Building Information Modeling (BIM) due to its efficiency, accuracy, and level of detail. Laser scanning accurately documents as-built conditions and proves to be invaluable in facility asset management and modifications. Laser scanning can also be used for reality capture and augmented reality in many aspects of architecture, construction, and engineering.
The existing conditions of a facility can be accurately and completely documented prior to the start of any design, construction project, and spatial optimization.
Surveys have never been easier or more accurate with 3D laser scanning technology. Our experienced scan technicians collect millions of precise data points for a building or site with industry-leading survey-grade laser scanners.
Applications for 3D Laser Scanning
- As-built survey, reality capture or existing conditions survey
- Construction verification, sequencing, scheduling and simulations
- Design engineering for facility upgrades or expansions
- Architectural documentation or historical preservation
- Calculating volumes, deformation analysis and overhead clearances
- Virtual design and construction
- Laser scanning for facility coordination
- Collecting geospatial data
- Point Cloud Data (Raw Data)
- 2D CAD Drawings
- 3D Building Information Modeling BIM Models(BIM) Models
- Fly-Thru’s – 3D virtual tour of the model
- Data exported to a variety of formats
- Workflow seamless with Autodesk ® Revit ®, AutoCAD ® Civil 3D ® software
Reasons why to invest in 3D Laser Scanning
Accurate – Individual measurements acquired by tape measures or hand-held devices are subject to errors. Laser scanning is the most accurate form of measurement available, delivering accuracy of a few millimeters or less.
Reduce costs and change orders – Incorporating a laser scan into the design of your project assures accurate and complete information, avoiding the cost of equipment rental, manual measurement, clashes, change orders, not to mention project delays and headaches. 3D BIM scanning will capture extra data, eliminating the need to return to the project to answer unanticipated questions.
Minimize shut-down times – Laser scanning is quick, safe and non-intrusive – eliminating or minimizing operational shut downs and client inconvenience. A single laser scanner can capture up to a million 3D data points per second, providing incredibly accurate and rich detail of every aspect of your project.